2010年1月27日星期三

Learn English in Britain

Yesterday, I told Ros that I had to change my dissertation topic, and there were only 15 days before the deadline for the literature review.


"Oh, then you have to start from the scratch."

scratch?

"Beginning. You need to start from the beginning again."




Today I went to see Ros in her office and told her my idea of the new dissertation topic. Ros was intrigued by my plan to make a film about the Nguni cattle in South Africa, and gave me some advice.

"OK. Good luck, and keep me posted, alright?"

posted?

"Informed. Like posting a letter. To send me a letter, to keep me posted."



After dinner, Mark, Mia and Ioana were chatting at the table in the kitchen.

"Mark, can you open the window?" Mia said. She was very tired today.

Mark stood up and went to the window. "Do you want me to open it with a crack or all the way?"

"All the way."

没有评论: