2010年4月15日星期四

Damien Rice says:

Interview available on youtube.

"I think people have a lot of fears. It's such a pity. I feel like it's such a pity because when I was in the band before, I was the same, like a person who's grown in a society and you're told by the society that you're supposed to go to school, go to college, get a degree, after you get a degree you get yourself a job, have a career, get yourself a house, get yourself a car, get married, have children, have security, have all these things that are important to you-- life! For me, all of those things destroy life. Because you know, as in life, what i feel really is which is... it's completely open, COMPLETELY OPEN, because if you need a house to be happy or secure, if you don't have a house then you're probably afraid, insecure and closing-up. For me, that's the opposite to life energy and love energy. Love energy is completely open and relaxed and trusting. and I just trust in life and I've been really poor sometiems, and I've been really wealthy sometimes, and I'm not happier when I'm wealthier, and I'm not happier when I'm poor. My happiness isn't determined by a number of records that i sell. My happiness isn't determined by whether I have a car or not or how much money I have or how much secure I have. I think the thing I've learned is to trust in life, just not worried about anything-- I'm not saying that I don't worry. I'm a human being, I'm not at all perfect.


I was at that period in my life with that song. I felt like all of the opposite things in life were teaching me about this as in... for example, in relationships, I found I became the best lier. I told the most incredible lies to the person I loved. That's where I learned how to lie, and from the moment we are born, we start dying. And the more you live, the more... you're like "OH, my God, I have so much to experience." Because the more you live, the more you see there is to live, the more you see there is to experience, and the more you realize I'm getting older and so it's like... the main thing I learned which is the last line It's not hard to grown when you know you don't know. And I realize I know nothing. There's nothing I know. "

没有评论: