2010年2月23日星期二

we want to show some support

Today when I passed the central police office, I noticed the flag hoisted upon the mast on the bulding was the rainbow flag, a symbol of the LGBT movement.

I went into the office after school. A beatiful gilr in police suits received me.

"Hi-ya. Can I help you?" She greeted me through the window that set us apart.

"Hi." I introduced myself, and said "I'm very curious about the flag flying upon your office building-- the rainbow flag. Isn't it about the gay..."

"Oh, yes, it is about the gay movement. There is going to be a gay pride parade around this time." She said. She didn't seem to be suprised by my sudden inquiry. She was very beutiful, and the words uttered by her all came out of her mouth in a nicely organized queue.

"But... why does the police put this flag on?" I asked.

"Because the police also wants to show some support. Well, some people did ask about the flag. They were suprised to see it flying over there." She kept smiling while dealing with my answers.

"Did you receive negative feedbacks from those who inquired?"

"Well..." she laughed, "some people were... they weren't so happy to see the flag. But we fly the flag every year this time. It has been there for over a week." She grinned. I hated the window between us. I could have said You are beautiful, but I said Thank you.

I looked it up on the internet after I left the police office. On LGBT's website, it says "Lesbian Gay Bisexual Trans History Month takes place every year in February. It celebrates the lives and achievements of the LGBT community."

没有评论: